Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: /dev/fd0h1440:no such device or address after using the flop

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    10

    /dev/fd0h1440:no such device or address after using the flop

    Hey, I've got this problem, when I go to format I get the message /dev/fd0h1440:no such device or address whenever I go to format a floppy, to try and make a presistent home.
    I used the floppy cheat at start up "floppyconfig" but then it couldn't find a floppy drive please help!

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    10

    sorry I was stupid

    You can delete this post if you like, sorry for wasting space.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Perhaps a better second post would have been how you fixed the problem eh?

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    10

    Ah

    Oops my bad,
    Ok how I fixed the problem well for some reason my stupid XP install seeks the floppy all the time on boot so I totally disabled the floppy from BIOS and therein lied the problem.
    But now I've got another problem, whenever I try to retrieve my presistent home from the now enabled floppy which has a previous settings on it, using the "knoppix myconfig=scan" and "knoppix my config=/mnt/auto/floppy" I get some errors saying that it can't find the mount automatically or something of that nature and then retries to no avial. Any ideas?
    I did all the steps to get the disk working in linux, I formated it to ext-2 and all that and saved all my settings to it.

    thank you for your time.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Ah

    Quote Originally Posted by Marduk
    Oops my bad,
    Ok how I fixed the problem well for some reason my stupid XP install seeks the floppy all the time on boot so I totally disabled the floppy from BIOS and therein lied the problem.
    But now I've got another problem, whenever I try to retrieve my presistent home from the now enabled floppy which has a previous settings on it, using the "knoppix myconfig=scan" and "knoppix my config=/mnt/auto/floppy" I get some errors saying that it can't find the mount automatically or something of that nature and then retries to no avial. Any ideas?
    I did all the steps to get the disk working in linux, I formated it to ext-2 and all that and saved all my settings to it.

    thank you for your time.
    The cheat codes have changed in recent versions.

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    10

    thank you :)

    Thank you I appreciate the help, I'm a big time noob I didn't know I also had to use the floppy cheat at the same time, now I do thank you!

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    10
    Hmmm I used that cheat code and it still doesn't find my floppy please help!

  8. #8
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    10
    Still not working it still says it can't find the floppy drive even after the "floppyconfig" and "floppyconf" in at boot it always asks to retry and still never finds it! please help! Also whats the limitation of what I can save on my ram drive? can I install programs on there?

Similar Threads

  1. USB device not accepting new address
    By Linoobie in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 07:06 AM
  2. MAC address in Knoppix
    By Flower in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 04:57 AM
  3. USB device not accepting new address
    By cputoaster in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-16-2004, 10:31 PM
  4. Can't resolve address ?
    By koselan in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 06:21 AM
  5. Cant use CD rom device "not a valid block device"
    By YuXeL in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 01:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



New Samsung FIT Plus 64GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive MUF-64AB/AM picture

New Samsung FIT Plus 64GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive MUF-64AB/AM

$34.95



2 PC Office 2021 Pro replacement drive USB lifetime version picture

2 PC Office 2021 Pro replacement drive USB lifetime version

$55.00



1 PC Office 2021 Pro replacement drive USB lifetime version picture

1 PC Office 2021 Pro replacement drive USB lifetime version

$40.00