-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: how I got mine to work
--I just remembered an easy way to get things mounted again in chroot:
' mount -a ' should do it.
--I wouldn't try running X from chroot, period... That's what booting *Mandrake* is for.
But try ' mc ' again from chroot; what it's doing eating memory like that, I don't know... But it's prolly loading a bunch of support libs.

Originally Posted by
sireasoning

Originally Posted by
Dave_Bechtel
--Mount your Mandrake root partition and chroot to it.
' mkdir /mnt/mdkroot '
' mount /dev/hdaX /mnt/mdkroot '
' chroot /mnt/mdkroot '
--You may have to mount things again inside, once you're chrooted. BTW, the chroot only works for the 1 VT (virtual-terminal) that you issued the command in.
I tried chroot, but it would not let the program run in X. It also ate ram like candy when I attempted to use mc.
Similar Threads
-
By FallingStar in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-24-2004, 04:50 AM
-
By bftet in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-17-2004, 03:02 AM
-
By xbenchman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-07-2003, 08:37 PM
-
By timothy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-05-2003, 07:43 AM
-
By drormata in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-01-2003, 10:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.58