Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: problems with ppmtolss16

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8

    problems with ppmtolss16

    Hi again!

    I'm a newbie and have a problem with the ppmtolss16 command:

    I made a bmp file.

    I converted it to a ppm file using the bmptoppm command.

    I tried converting it to a lss16 file using:

    ppmtolss16 <logo16.ppm >logo.16

    It doesn't work. I does not go back to the prompt.

    I'm using knoppix 3.1. What's the awful thing I done?

    Thanks again!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    100
    I havent used it (i boot my remasters with a black screen and my own text boot.msg) but you should find some info on it here on knoppix.net on the "customising & remastering forum and on charans remastering howto located here http://gnubox.dyndns.org:8080/~sunil/knoppix.php

    and hopefully a guru will get on this post soon with more help

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    220
    interesting .. try creating .png and then do:

    pngtopnm boot.png > logo.16.pnm
    ppmtolss16 < logo.16.pnm > logo.16

    that works for me

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    I had a problem like that too. I'd edited a image in photoshop and then tried converting it and it wouldn't work.

    When I tried a different image, one that I didn't do any weird editing on, aside from cropping and reducing color depth, it worked fine.

    Pretty sure I was using .png's in both cases.


    You probably need to move the logo.png out of the mounted boot.img directory. I had to in order to be able to edit anything in the boot.img. Only logo.16 is used anyway. So just mv logo.png up one level. Do your editing and move it back when your done. It will become an incomplete file and just fill space, because you will most likely be slightly increasing the size of fixed-size boot.img, and there won't be enough room to move the whole file back, only part of it. As I asid, its seems to be there only to fill space anyway.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8
    It's weird! I tried using GIMP 1.2.4 in windows, and wonder of wonders! It worked.

    I tried a simple paint program, and it didn't work at all. Maybe some glitch in the bmp file made?

    Png files don't work in my case. Anyway, thanks! I got what I wanted.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix Problems or Hardware Problems
    By mindmeddler2003 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
  2. ideq 200s problems and more problems
    By lesshaste in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-09-2004, 05:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM picture

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM

$139.99



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$369.59



MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory picture

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory

$149.99



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50