Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Wrote on my NTFS partiton??Uber n00b question, please help!

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    10

    Wrote on my NTFS partiton??Uber n00b question, please help!

    Hey,
    I was wondering if theres anything at all I can complie on that temp drive? I mean are there any programs or anything that I might be able to run with just the pop the cd in and run the OS w/o any kind of partitions?
    Also I took a screen shot and saved it to the tmp drive :S now I'm all scared
    thanks for your help

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Yes there are apps you can install to /ramdisk. Here are a few scripts you can run:

    http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/Kano

    Fret not about saving anything to a ramdisk- it's gone when you reboot.

    If you're asking "do you need a hard drive" then no- you don't even need a hdd and all the apps on the cd will run. You load the os into RAM only.

    HTH

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    10

    thank you :)

    Thank you very much it sucks so bad being a noob . Do you know any good guides for Knoppix in particular and for the method I'm using it? The tutorial on the ftp I found it was all in german :S.
    So what are the limitations of what I can compile and use stuff on the ram drive if I wanna fool around with it? Those scripts all have german explainations .

    Any more ideas yet about what programs I might be able to install on the ram drive for that secession???

Similar Threads

  1. Serious n00b question
    By gburke1 in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-09-2005, 03:39 AM
  2. n00b console question
    By Dr._Who in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-08-2005, 08:35 AM
  3. All my shells are in German (n00b question)
    By k0rrupt0ne in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-22-2004, 02:03 AM
  4. Ultra n00b question
    By squee in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 05:27 AM
  5. n00b question about booting :D
    By scottdavies2k in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-01-2003, 08:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$334.99



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11

$229.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L380 13.3” Touchscreen Laptop Core i3 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad L380 13.3” Touchscreen Laptop Core i3 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11

$199.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD

$219.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$398.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6" Full HD Laptop - Intel Processor N355 2025- 8G...

$349.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 Laptop 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 Laptop 14" FHD Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11

$289.99



Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core i5-1135G7@2.40GHz Laptop picture

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop

$220.36