-
starting linuxrc and init
Hi Folks,
I try to build my own Knoppix based CD. For this I try to build my own initrd.
Ok my first problem was that the kernel didn't start my linuxrc. I found the reason. If the
root-Filesystem (root= parameter from syslinux) is the same as ram0 (in my case the initrd-fs) the kernel didn't execute linuxrc and step over to execute init.
(this is in do_mounts.c in function "void prepare_namespace(void)" - Linux 2.4.20)
Ok.. I that this is no problem. I will pass no root boot option (or a wrong) and I'll set this in linuxrc but... in this case the kernel stops because he couldn't load modules and other messages (depending with root-option you give)
My question: Do you know how knoppix handle this issue?
Thanks,
Thomas
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-01-2004, 06:20 PM
-
By ManiOne in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-11-2004, 11:36 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-11-2004, 11:56 AM
-
By darthczyz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-08-2004, 01:15 PM
-
By berdy in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 08-18-2003, 06:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$374.48

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00