not an easy task. This sounds similar with what I have encountered with the 1.X NTFS driver. Only when putting together, it doesn't work but tracking down where it went wrong is tough. I believe only the guys on the kernel list can help.
While remastering with a new kernel (2.4.22-pre7) I've hit a strange situation. Initrd's linuxrc starts running and gets stuck. I added -x to linuxrc, to see what its doing when it gets stuck, and it turned out to be always in the same place, during some cp command. Note that its not the first cp command. Files have already been read from the mounted cloop before it got stuck.
I tried replacing the cloop'ed image with an uncompressed iso image and have linuxrc attach it to /dev/loop2 and mount it instead of using cloop, and everything works, so the problem is with cloop. It was the only thing different between the two boots.
I tested the cloop'ed image with the same cloop.o module under the same kernel but not from initrd, and the same cp command works fine. I even tar'ed the whole filesystem from it just to make sure there are no errors. Everything seems fine.
Its a strange bug that only happens when cloop is used for the actual /KNOPPIX during boot. When /KNOPPIX is the same image, uncompressed, and cloop is later attached and mounted as /mnt/test, cloop image is identical to the mounted /KNOPPIX.
By the way, if I'm trying to execute something from /KNOPPIX at some point before this cp, it gets stuck on exec. (I tried to exec strace from the mounted cloop device to trace whats going on).
I'm using the latest cloop version, 0.68, compiled under kernel 2.4.22-pre7.
Any suggestions on how to debug it ?
not an easy task. This sounds similar with what I have encountered with the 1.X NTFS driver. Only when putting together, it doesn't work but tracking down where it went wrong is tough. I believe only the guys on the kernel list can help.

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" Touchscreen i7-1185G7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$284.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" i7-1165G7 2.80GHz 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Windows 11
$284.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99
Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99
lenovo thinkpad x1 carbon gen 7 i7-8665u 1.9ghz 16gb 512gb SSD Grade A
$249.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" i7-1185G7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$299.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50