Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Abiword and The GIMP crash

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7

    Abiword and The GIMP crash

    Hello, I have Knoppix 3.2 installed on my HD.
    When I push the Italic button in Abiword it closes itself. "Aborted". Once I launched it in a from-cd knoppix and whan I pushed that button it became frozen. I had to kill it.

    Then when I insert text in an imahe with The Gimp, choosing the font the program crashes saying:
    Gdk-ERROR **: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
    serial 19712 error_code 2 request_code 45 minor_code 0

    LibGimp-WARNING **: script-fu: wire_read: unexpected EOF
    What's up?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    53
    While you're waiting for someone smarter to reply, test the CD from which you installed Knoppix to see whether it's corrupted, which could certainly give you the problems you describe. Just boot the CD with the argument "knoppix testcd" and watch the screen for a couple of minutes (the results of the CD test only remain on-screen for a few seconds before the boot routine proceeds). (Thanks, forum, for teaching me this a few days ago!)

    Unamiccia

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7
    I tried to boot from cd with "knopix testcd" but I didn't see anything on my screen compared to a normal boot from CD.

    It's difficult for me thing the CD is corrupted because I haven't downloaded and burnt an ISO, but got it from a magazine.


  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7
    I've just done the testcd and it said everything looked OK.
    For Abiword... I downgraded to 1.0.6 installed from tarball

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Baltimore MD
    Posts
    5
    I too have this problem after HD installing knoppix3.2-200307(26?).. i think

    certain fonts in gimp crash

    Gdk-ERROR **: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
    serial 22704 error_code 2 request_code 45 minor_code 0

    LibGimp-WARNING **: script-fu: wire_read: unexpected EOF

    i also upgraded my gimp to 'GIMP version 1.2.5' but the same thing happens

Similar Threads

  1. HOWTO install Abiword 2.2.1
    By maikhai in forum Knoppix DVD
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2005, 08:04 PM
  2. abiword printing with cups..?
    By _jz_ in forum Ideas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-13-2003, 11:22 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-10-2003, 08:56 PM
  4. No English Dictionary in AbiWord
    By rdbe in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-19-2003, 04:30 PM
  5. ABIWORD 'DICTIONARY' ERROR FYI
    By xetaprime in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2003, 06:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.77