Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: NEED HELP INSTALLING PROGRAMS!!! PLEASE!!!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA, Washington
    Posts
    7

    NEED HELP INSTALLING PROGRAMS!!! PLEASE!!!

    I want to install WineX but everytime I try to install it it has an error! The package it came in was a .RPM I open Konsole and I run the configure file and it goes and does its thing...takes a while...I type make...more stuff flies on the screen then there is an error it has to do with some directory in /root/ I don't remember "exacty" what one it was! I am following the README and the INSTALL files but I still get errors! Some files I try open say "permission denied"!!! Do I have to uninstall the verison of Wine thats already on there? If I do have to uninstall it, how do i do that??? I have verison 2003-06-06 and I have it installed to my HD and I did it doing knd-hdinstall ( I didnt do the poor mans intall ). I also have a game that I downloaded and it also gets an error when I type make after I run "configure"...I really need to figure this out and NEED HELP so please explain this to where I can do it step by step. Im a newbie to Knoppix and need my hand held.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Perhaps you could provide a URL to the package so we could read the instructions. The usual method on Debian to install a rpm is to use the program alien ie. alien -i program.rpm to install use man alien for more options and details.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    10

    Silly question

    I've got a really silly question, can I install WineX or at least get Wine running just from the ramdrive? I mean without any kind of hd install??? It'd be fun to try it out!

Similar Threads

  1. Installing programs....Help
    By MinoX in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-04-2004, 11:14 PM
  2. Installing Programs
    By crix in forum Klik
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-25-2004, 04:26 PM
  3. Installing Programs Help.
    By Prons in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 09:38 PM
  4. help with installing programs NOT with apt-get
    By cyKeMatica in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-15-2004, 09:08 PM
  5. Installing Programs
    By computerkid14 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2003, 10:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121 picture

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121

$69.99



Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2 picture

Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2

$135.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$545.25



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$330.73