-
Sharing Files With A Windows Machine
Hi,
I am having serious troubles tring to get this to share files with my windows machines. I want to be able to see this from windows network. I tried the samba start code but it didnt work. The problem was it did not accept my password when I set it in "smbpasswd -a knoppix" or with any other name I tried to use.It tells me it failed due to 0660 permissions /samba/password is read only. I can see the Knoppix machine in windows when I search for Knoppix in the network neighborhood. But when it asks me to log in I just get stumped. theuser and pass never work.
Thanks in advance forall the help!!!!
Similar Threads
-
By dprobert in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-10-2005, 08:44 PM
-
By brianp in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-08-2005, 04:07 AM
-
By shiva_iitm in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-13-2005, 08:02 AM
-
By spartyguy in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 04:36 PM
-
By WT in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-12-2002, 06:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08

AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF
$215.00

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08