Thanks aay. It worked for me! Since I have no M$ I just stole some true type fonts from a M$ Office cd. Still- it's very freaky watching winapps run on my Linuxbox.![]()
Some people have recently experienced problems running Wine in recent versions of Knoppix. People have most likely seen a message telling them that fonts are being configured and configuration makes it to something like 99% before Wine crashes.
There is a fix.
Copy your MS fonts into .wine/fake_windows/Windows/Fonts
You should then be able to run the app without any problems.
P.S.
You may be able to solve this problem without having to grab fonts from a windows machine at all.
I haven't tested this but do this.
apt-get install msttcorefonts
apt-get install binfmt-support
Hope this helps people.
Thanks aay. It worked for me! Since I have no M$ I just stole some true type fonts from a M$ Office cd. Still- it's very freaky watching winapps run on my Linuxbox.![]()
Try Installing WineX
cvs -dCode:apt-get remove --purge wine apt-get install tetex-base apt-get install defoma apt-get install msttcorefonts apt-get install binfmt-supportserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/winex login
Hit Enter when prompted for a password
cvs -z3 -dserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/winex co wine
(You probably will get following compile errors - just read fix and apply)
configure: error: /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.a is present on your system.
This prevents linking to OpenGL. Delete the file and restart configure. (Move it to /home/knoppix/tmp)
lex.ppl.c:15099: warning: `yyunput' defined but not used
/home/knoppix/CVS/wine/tools/wrc/ppl.l (comment at the beginning of ppl.l is too long) [Cut it Out]
lex.ppl.c:15099: warning: `yyunput' defined but not used
/home/knoppix/CVS/wine/tools/widl/ppl.l (comment at the beginning of ppl.l is too long) [Cut it Out]
Invalid path 'c:\windows' for windows directory: does not exist
mkdir /mnt/hdg1/windows [Insert you /mnt/ (HDD)
mkdir /mnt/hdg1/windows/system [Insert you /mnt/ (HDD)
mkdir /mnt/hdg1/windows/system32 [Insert you /mnt/ (HDD)
wine c:\\Program\ Files\\SETI@home\\[email protected] [NOTE: Program Files is used as wine c:\\Program\ Files\\ - space before Files)
wine -debugmsg +file wordpad.exe &>/tmp/winelog.txt (DeBugging Example)
Is it possible to have both Wine and WineX running in one linux-box?
Thx, seth.
I have wine running fine in Knoppix 3.1, after alot of work!
It runs fine, error messages are never seen.
For those of you who don't want to go around randomly moving or removing files at the request of configure scripts, I have found that
replacing the line
withCode:if test -f /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.a -a ! -f /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so
(negating the logic of the conditional)Code:if test ! -f /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.a -a ! -f /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so
allowed everything to run smoothly. I found this on configure:9406.
After doing this (cvs co on 15th February 2004) I did not run into the other problems with long comments etc.
It is also sufficient to put just one (GPL) Bitstream Vera font inside the fonts directory. This way you need nothing from Miscrosoft.

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$344.74
Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper QFX5120-32C-AFI 32x100GbE Switch Dual AC Airflow In, Rail Kit Included
$8150.00
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86
Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00
Juniper EX4300-24P 24 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch.
$95.62