-
Sad to say...
Sad to say this, but...
After many hours of fiddling, twiddling, tweaking and so on, I am finding that Knoppix will not work the way I need it to.
For example, it will not recognize my monitor correctly. No amount of command-line syntax helps -- not xvrefresh=75, not fb1280x1024. I get far too much screen flicker, which is maddening!
And if I simply use screen=1280x1024, the fonts are unreadable.
It works okay if I can live with 1024x768, but why should I?
Also, it will not recognize my zipdrive, thus leaving me unable to copy tt fonts from windoze, nor able to save my work in convenient fashion.
And finally, it will not recognize my lan.
Sad to say, but Win 2000 does all the above perfectly -- no endless fiddling necessary. Correct monitor resolution and refresh rate. Zipdrive and lan work exactly as they should.
I wish things were otherwise, as with many issues in life. I really wanted Linux to work, to replace M$, but such is not to be -- at least, not yet.
Thanks to those who offered help and encouragement.
All the best... merlin
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung Galaxy Book2 360 (NP730QED-KA1US) **Broken Screen**
$225.00

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00