-
Booting Knoppix 3.2
After booting knoppix 3.2 from the CD, I have problems with the resoulution of the screen. I can boot up knoppix by pressing enter at the boot prompt in a reseltion which I can not read, (and at a resolution my 17'' moniter can't handle). I can also boot up knoppix 3.2 from the CD by typing 'knoppix screen=800x600' which boots up knoppix at a paultry 480*640 reolution.
Can somebody explain why i cant boot up knoppix from the CD at a 800x640 resolution at 800x600 resolution. I have tried many times.
Amoungs other things
lspci -v gives the following:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon RV200 QW [Radeon 7500] (prog-if 00 [VGA])
Subsystem: Hightech Information System Ltd.: Unknown device 0207
Flags: bus master, stepping, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 11
Memory at d0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
I/O ports at 9800 [size=256]
Memory at dfef0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
Expansion ROM at dfec0000 [disabled] [size=128K]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
Will somobody please let me know how to boot up knoppix at the correct resolution, as most of the documentation I can read in in german.
-
If you check the display-relevant parts of your XF86Config-4 file (or post them here), you may find the spot where Knoppix is misunderstanding your monitor. Hard to guess without looking at the configuration.
Meanwhile, the quick-and-dirty way to get around the problem is to adjust screen resolution once you're in X. Do Ctrl-Alt-Plus Sign and/or Ctrl-Alt-Minus Sign (using the + and - on the keypad, not the ones to the left of Backspace) to scroll through the resolution options defined in XF86Config-4.
Unamiccia
Similar Threads
-
By Profik123 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-31-2005, 05:13 PM
-
By gtg in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-19-2004, 01:33 PM
-
By James in forum General Support
Replies: 16
Last Post: 12-14-2003, 07:28 AM
-
By Guitarist_7 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-31-2003, 02:46 PM
-
By Mindfield in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-24-2003, 07:16 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4
$128.96

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08