Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Adjusting TTY Screen Resolution in Knoppix

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    53

    Adjusting TTY Screen Resolution in Knoppix

    When I open a TTY in my hard drive installation of Knoppix I get a screen resolution of 128 characters by 48 lines. I prefer a lower resolution -- say, the 100 characters by 38 lines that I get from a Mandrake installation on the same computer, or even good old 80 x 24. There must be a simple way to adjust this, but my clue-searching thus far has been in vain.

    Does anyone know the trick? Thanks!

    Unamiccia

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Adjusting TTY Screen Resolution in Knoppix

    -You mean opening up Konsole or Terminal in X, or Ctrl-Alt-F2? If the latter, you can go into /etc/lilo.conf and change the ' vga=' value. I use ' vga=ext ' for 80x50, but you can set it to ' normal ' for 80x25. Don't forget to run ' lilo ' before rebooting.

    Quote Originally Posted by unamiccia
    When I open a TTY in my hard drive installation of Knoppix I get a screen resolution of 128 characters by 48 lines. I prefer a lower resolution -- say, the 100 characters by 38 lines that I get from a Mandrake installation on the same computer, or even good old 80 x 24. There must be a simple way to adjust this, but my clue-searching thus far has been in vain.

    Does anyone know the trick? Thanks!

    Unamiccia

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    53
    Yes, I was interested in the "Ctrl-Alt-2" variety, and your advice solved the problem perfectly. Thanks, Dave!

    Unamiccia

Similar Threads

  1. How to set screen resolution?
    By Islington in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 01:48 PM
  2. Changing screen resolution in Knoppix
    By Hylle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-14-2004, 04:51 PM
  3. Screen resolution
    By Buck1 in forum Ideas
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 01:38 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2003, 08:46 PM
  5. Screen resolution
    By sanjay in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-22-2003, 06:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage AGP GPU Lot: HP NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 & ATI Rage 128 Pro Untested AS-IS picture

Vintage AGP GPU Lot: HP NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 & ATI Rage 128 Pro Untested AS-IS

$22.00



Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo picture

Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo

$299.00



Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS picture

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS

$228.19



Vintage Memorex Telex 122-Key AT Terminal Keyboard 96550264 picture

Vintage Memorex Telex 122-Key AT Terminal Keyboard 96550264

$100.00



Vintage Gateway 2000 P5-166 No power cord AS IS FOR PARTS picture

Vintage Gateway 2000 P5-166 No power cord AS IS FOR PARTS

$145.87



Vintage IBM OS/2 version Standard Version 1.3 3.5

Vintage IBM OS/2 version Standard Version 1.3 3.5" Diskettes SEALED

$199.00



Vintage Sun Microsystems SPARC system motherboard / CPU board. picture

Vintage Sun Microsystems SPARC system motherboard / CPU board.

$120.00



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Vintage Sun Microsystems Type 5 Keyboard N860-8701-T010 Tested Working picture

Vintage Sun Microsystems Type 5 Keyboard N860-8701-T010 Tested Working

$55.55



Vintage KanguruDisk Portable External Drive Module with Pouch - Rare Retro Drive picture

Vintage KanguruDisk Portable External Drive Module with Pouch - Rare Retro Drive

$114.88