Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix = OS???

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4

    Knoppix = OS???

    I have just recently purchase a PC wthat comes with a copy of Knoppix. I work with Windows everydayd, but don't know anything about Knoppix, or Linux for that matter. Is Knoppix a full operating software, like Windows? Thanks[/img]

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    100
    Knoppix is a very good os and you can try out that copy that came with your pc by just booting from the cd.You might have to go into your bios and make the cdrom the first boot device then just put in the cd and your ready for the best

    Knoppix will run live from the cdrom and it wont hurt your windows install one bit because it will mount it read only (cant change a thing).I have installed knoppix to my hard drive and not run windows for almost 2 years now .

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    36

    OS???

    I have installed knoppix on my pc and now only run windows when I need Quick Books since I can't emulate it from WINE.
    Can some one tell me of a good Accounting software for Debian or a Linux version that i can convert to a Debian package????

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353

    Re: OS???

    Quote Originally Posted by dougvega
    I have installed knoppix on my pc and now only run windows when I need Quick Books since I can't emulate it from WINE.
    Can some one tell me of a good Accounting software for Debian or a Linux version that i can convert to a Debian package????
    Codeweavers Crossover Office will run Quicken but not yet Quick Books. Hopefully the next release will support it. Gnucash is a pretty good program however. I'n not sure it will do what you need, but you should try it out.

    Do an apt-get install gnucash

    If you run into dependency problems, try:

    apt-get -t unstable install gnucash

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage APPLE POWER MACINTOSH 8500/180 M3409 w/ Original Box & Reciept UNTESTED picture

Vintage APPLE POWER MACINTOSH 8500/180 M3409 w/ Original Box & Reciept UNTESTED

$199.00



Apple Power Mac G4 Media Software Install Restore OS 9 X Disc Lot 603-0711 Vtg picture

Apple Power Mac G4 Media Software Install Restore OS 9 X Disc Lot 603-0711 Vtg

$100.00



Apple Macintosh Plus Vintage Mac Computer Shell Front/Back Only (260200) picture

Apple Macintosh Plus Vintage Mac Computer Shell Front/Back Only (260200)

$29.99



Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read picture

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read

$295.00



185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac picture

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac

$90.00



Apple Macintosh 512K Vintage Compact Desktop Computer Classic Mac picture

Apple Macintosh 512K Vintage Compact Desktop Computer Classic Mac

$197.00



Vintage APPLE MACINTOSH POWERPC Workgroup Server 7250/120 M3979 UNTESTED picture

Vintage APPLE MACINTOSH POWERPC Workgroup Server 7250/120 M3979 UNTESTED

$129.90



Vintage Apple Mac OS 9 Retail Box 1999 Sherlock 2 Original CD Manuals picture

Vintage Apple Mac OS 9 Retail Box 1999 Sherlock 2 Original CD Manuals

$50.00



Apple Macintosh SE Vintage Mac Computer Shell Front/Back Only (260201) picture

Apple Macintosh SE Vintage Mac Computer Shell Front/Back Only (260201)

$29.99



Vintage Apple Macintosh Retro Computer - Ceramic Mug 15 oz picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Retro Computer - Ceramic Mug 15 oz

$15.70