-
Screen resolution
I have a problem configuring my X server on my friend's computer. I was able to boot from the knoppix cd but X server won't come up. It shows me
Signal Error
HF: 62.5 KHz
VF: 75.9 Hz
This is the monitor control error that comes up and the screen goes blank. But I know that X server is running normally and its just that monitor frequency is not recognized properly or so. I have booted with many cheat codes like 'nodcc' , 'fb1024x768" etc. Nothing worked out. Finally, I booted with 'screen 800x600' and the X server is up with 800x 600 resolution. I installed knoppix on to the harddrive and it boots with the same resolution. Is there anyway that I can increase the resolution and still give the monitor the signal with correct frequency. Can anyone help me out??
Thank you.
Sanjay.
Similar Threads
-
By tilleyrw in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-27-2005, 11:01 AM
-
By Darcian in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 02:02 AM
-
By IanHall in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-03-2005, 03:45 AM
-
By manatarms1775 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-11-2004, 11:27 PM
-
By Patrick21 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-21-2003, 10:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99

Firewalla Gold Plus 2.5GbE Firewall Router – Excellent Condition
$435.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99

Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance
$20.25

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00