Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Latest Knoppix Patch Installation! I NEED HELP!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA, Washington
    Posts
    7

    Latest Knoppix Patch Installation! I NEED HELP!

    I downloaded the latest 127MB Knoppix patch...I read the read me...got confussed...lost...frustrated...I need to know step-by-step instructions on how to install it! I didn't do a poor mans install I did knx-hdinstall. I am a MAJOR newbie but am VERY anxious to learn! I have a dual boot with Knoppix and Windows XP Pro...And I have also NOT been able to install ANY programs sucessfully... ...So PLEASE HELP!!! I know SOMEWHAT on how to use the Konsole but I really need step-by-step instructions so somebody PLEASE take the time to help me out! I would REALLY REALLY apprecaite it! Thanks sooo much!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    hmmm- did I miss something here? What knoppix patch?

    What programs are you trying to install and how? Have you looked at kpackage? Have you been to http://www.debian.org.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
    hmmm- did I miss something here? What knoppix patch?
    I believe he is talking about this thread.

    Digitaldeity: The patch is for making a new ISO image not for a HD install of Knoppix. For installing more programs APT How-To and give specfic details as to how you are trying to install this asking smart questions guide may help in that process.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA, Washington
    Posts
    7
    http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/2003-07-26/knoppixpatch/ This is the patch I downloaded...How do I install it??? I SERIOUSLY Need STEP-BY-STEP easy to understand guide to follow on how to install it...I am a newbie...I am SOOO anxious to learn...I just need someone to help me! Please!!! Please take the time to help me out if you know how to do this!!! Please do it step-by-step! Numbers would be great! To tell me what step Im on! Please! I really need these instructions!!!
    ps please dont send me to another fourm I would apprecaite it if you replyed! Thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. Big Knoppix Article in Latest PC Mag
    By sakiZ in forum News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-25-2005, 10:24 AM
  2. isolinux / syslinux remaster the latest knoppix
    By Ambrose in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-24-2004, 04:24 PM
  3. Knoppix 3.3 (latest build) doesn't detect my TV
    By AndrewMSConvert in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-14-2004, 09:22 AM
  4. Bug in latest Knoppix?
    By m_yates in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-22-2004, 08:12 PM
  5. Knoppix Latest build and USB storage ?
    By castlesoft in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2003, 06:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW picture

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW

$49.99



Apple Macintosh 512K 1MB MacSnap SCSI 128K ROM 800K + 400K Drive Keyboard Mouse picture

Apple Macintosh 512K 1MB MacSnap SCSI 128K ROM 800K + 400K Drive Keyboard Mouse

$995.00



Apple Macintosh 128k 1984 upgraded to Plus includes keyboard mouse picture

Apple Macintosh 128k 1984 upgraded to Plus includes keyboard mouse

$450.00



Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k picture

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k

$300.00



Apple IIe Platinum 128k Computer A2S2128 (Powers On) picture

Apple IIe Platinum 128k Computer A2S2128 (Powers On)

$250.00



Vintage Apple IIe Platinum 128k Computer A2S2128 ~ Powers On picture

Vintage Apple IIe Platinum 128k Computer A2S2128 ~ Powers On

$250.00



Apple IIe Platinum 128k Computer A2S2128 ~ (Powers On) picture

Apple IIe Platinum 128k Computer A2S2128 ~ (Powers On)

$250.00



Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+ picture

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+

$209.99



VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor picture

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor

$250.00



1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare picture

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare

$1800.00