Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Latest Knoppix Patch Installation! I NEED HELP!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA, Washington
    Posts
    7

    Latest Knoppix Patch Installation! I NEED HELP!

    I downloaded the latest 127MB Knoppix patch...I read the read me...got confussed...lost...frustrated...I need to know step-by-step instructions on how to install it! I didn't do a poor mans install I did knx-hdinstall. I am a MAJOR newbie but am VERY anxious to learn! I have a dual boot with Knoppix and Windows XP Pro...And I have also NOT been able to install ANY programs sucessfully... ...So PLEASE HELP!!! I know SOMEWHAT on how to use the Konsole but I really need step-by-step instructions so somebody PLEASE take the time to help me out! I would REALLY REALLY apprecaite it! Thanks sooo much!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    hmmm- did I miss something here? What knoppix patch?

    What programs are you trying to install and how? Have you looked at kpackage? Have you been to http://www.debian.org.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
    hmmm- did I miss something here? What knoppix patch?
    I believe he is talking about this thread.

    Digitaldeity: The patch is for making a new ISO image not for a HD install of Knoppix. For installing more programs APT How-To and give specfic details as to how you are trying to install this asking smart questions guide may help in that process.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA, Washington
    Posts
    7
    http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/2003-07-26/knoppixpatch/ This is the patch I downloaded...How do I install it??? I SERIOUSLY Need STEP-BY-STEP easy to understand guide to follow on how to install it...I am a newbie...I am SOOO anxious to learn...I just need someone to help me! Please!!! Please take the time to help me out if you know how to do this!!! Please do it step-by-step! Numbers would be great! To tell me what step Im on! Please! I really need these instructions!!!
    ps please dont send me to another fourm I would apprecaite it if you replyed! Thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. Big Knoppix Article in Latest PC Mag
    By sakiZ in forum News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-25-2005, 10:24 AM
  2. isolinux / syslinux remaster the latest knoppix
    By Ambrose in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-24-2004, 04:24 PM
  3. Knoppix 3.3 (latest build) doesn't detect my TV
    By AndrewMSConvert in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-14-2004, 09:22 AM
  4. Bug in latest Knoppix?
    By m_yates in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-22-2004, 08:12 PM
  5. Knoppix Latest build and USB storage ?
    By castlesoft in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2003, 06:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025

$22.00



Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e/4Kn HDD

$199.00



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$69.00



New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD

$137.59



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION* picture

Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION*

$319.79



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



Sun Oracle 7357761 14TB 7.2K 3.5 12G SAS-3 HDD Hard Disc Drive w/ Coral Bracket picture

Sun Oracle 7357761 14TB 7.2K 3.5 12G SAS-3 HDD Hard Disc Drive w/ Coral Bracket

$249.99



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99