Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: ejecting the CDrom I booted off of

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2

    ejecting the CDrom I booted off of

    This sounds like a simple question so I apologize if this answer is found elsewhere, I spent quite awhile trying to find the answer on my own.

    Any way to eject that cdrom I just booted off of? No matter what I try I get a busy or failed message. BTW Im using 3.2

    Kudos to knoppix. It is already helped me out of some binds and likely many more.

    In the case of no answer, any suggestions on copying files from a CDrom on to a ext2 partition (with no OS)... options do include a floppy drive. The nic doesn't like default linux.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    92
    The core os is running off of the cd, so no, you wont be able to eject it.

    Check out the hardrive installer, it will format and install knoppix to a partition for you.

    - Ambrose

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2
    Normally I would. But I just want to copy these files off a CD.... i don't want any OS installed.

Similar Threads

  1. Problems Ejecting CDROM
    By Knopper12 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-16-2004, 04:31 AM
  2. Avoiding ejecting the CD at reboot
    By Jimmy in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-25-2004, 10:33 AM
  3. booted and its slow...
    By TanZed in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-23-2004, 08:17 PM
  4. cd ejecting..
    By evilfix in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-24-2003, 07:19 AM
  5. remastering while booted from harddrive
    By John in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2003, 07:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$349.48



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070

$1469.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99