The core os is running off of the cd, so no, you wont be able to eject it.
Check out the hardrive installer, it will format and install knoppix to a partition for you.
- Ambrose
This sounds like a simple question so I apologize if this answer is found elsewhere, I spent quite awhile trying to find the answer on my own.
Any way to eject that cdrom I just booted off of? No matter what I try I get a busy or failed message. BTW Im using 3.2
Kudos to knoppix. It is already helped me out of some binds and likely many more.
In the case of no answer, any suggestions on copying files from a CDrom on to a ext2 partition (with no OS)... options do include a floppy drive. The nic doesn't like default linux.
The core os is running off of the cd, so no, you wont be able to eject it.
Check out the hardrive installer, it will format and install knoppix to a partition for you.
- Ambrose
Normally I would. But I just want to copy these files off a CD.... i don't want any OS installed.

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99
Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2144G 3.6GHz 16GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$149.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64bit 32 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$95.99
Remote Desktop User & Device RDS CALs for Windows Server 2025, 2022 & 2019
$174.99