Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: 6 partitions

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brittany
    Posts
    1

    6 partitions

    After reading the "Home Partition How To", I created 6 partitions:

    hdf1: 50M
    hdf5: 1G
    hdf6: 256M
    hdf7: 1G
    hdf8: 5G
    hdf9: 3G

    Then I installed "Knoppix" in hdf6 and hdf8.

    Afterwards I made this:

    /dev/hdf1 /boot
    /dev/hdf5 empty
    /dev/hdf6 /swap
    /dev/hdf7 /var
    /dev/hdf8 /
    /dev/hdf9 /home

    ... and modified "fstab". It worked.

    Now I'd like to have this:

    /dev/hdf5 /
    /dev/hdf8 /usr

    I tried... I made 'mv usr/*. ' in /mnt/hdf8. But I had big problems after rebooting with the floppy disk.

    Maybe the procedure is not really good.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    37
    If I'm not mistaken the knoppix-install only installs to a boot, swap, and main drive (/). Perhaps this is why it didn't work correctly. Besides, you really don't need a separate /var directory for basic desktop usage.

Similar Threads

  1. Partitions and such. Need help.
    By cyberstew in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 12:50 AM
  2. partitions
    By newknoppixguy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 04:07 AM
  3. HD partitions....
    By javiergp in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 11:25 AM
  4. How can I tell how big my partitions are
    By KnopperX in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 04:48 PM
  5. partitions???
    By knoppixnewb in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2003, 11:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$166.24



Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB picture

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB

$98.95



Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive picture

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive

$649.00



Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS picture

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS

$15.00



Colorado Jumbo 250 Internal Tape Backup System Complete Set Mainframe Collection picture

Colorado Jumbo 250 Internal Tape Backup System Complete Set Mainframe Collection

$129.99



Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000 picture

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000

$99.95



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$165.58



Vintage MSI K7T Turbo w/ AMD Athlon A1000AMT3C 256MB DDR Ram -Bloated Caps Parts picture

Vintage MSI K7T Turbo w/ AMD Athlon A1000AMT3C 256MB DDR Ram -Bloated Caps Parts

$69.99