Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: screen blanking on boot

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Oban, Argyll, Scotland
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by johnb
    right click on the desktop and choose configure desktop. You can change the font colors to you liking and lots of other choices are available.
    johnb
    Thanks for the suggestion! In fact, I couldn't read the texts at all, due to the grainy display, and white text font. This was all due to having the wrong resolution and colour depth settings, but I found a solution, which I've posted to this (Laptops) section on the site: I got the display setting right, and the colours and fonts were fine after that.

    Now I just need to get the PCMCIA Card Manager to work, and I'm laughing: there is apparently a version problem (error message I get).

    I ultimately want to put two network cards in the laptop and use it as an Internet firewall, so I need the PCMCIA slots!

    Duncan

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Western MA.
    Posts
    111
    Hey,on my laptop I can left click on my battery icon and get a menu asking if I want to enable my pcmcia slot!

    johnb

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Oban, Argyll, Scotland
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by johnb
    Hey,on my laptop I can left click on my battery icon and get a menu asking if I want to enable my pcmcia slot!

    johnb
    Tremendous: I'll give that a go tonight - I'm meant to be "working" at the moment

    Duncan

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2
    Knoppix 3.4 works GREAT on my Sager 4760, but you must use the 2.6 kernel. Sound, auto-detection, starts up wifi as soon as I put my ORINOCO PCMCIA WLAN card in, it's very, very nice. Mandrake 10 also runs on here, as well as an old MEPIS (2003.0 but it's all good guys. I recommend Knoppix of course

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. turning off screen saver / blanking at login screen
    By metavoid in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-12-2005, 01:39 PM
  2. Screen blanking after bootup
    By mrfuggle in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-13-2005, 03:30 AM
  3. And now, screen blanking...
    By stuart_b in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-26-2004, 12:52 AM
  4. Boot Screen
    By Pasq in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-02-2003, 07:58 PM
  5. Black Screen after boot screen
    By Jmack0013 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-18-2003, 04:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162) picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)

$36.99



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot

$280.00



TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW picture

TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW

$22.00



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive

$24.99