I downloaded the latest drivers from Nvidia's site and followed their directions. Works great.
Hello all,
I'm slowly getting everything up to par on my machine. One quick question though, I have a nvidea based card and noticed that when i was looking for the kernel-sources deb package that there is a nvidea-kernel patch that I can add to my kernel. Is this a recommended process to get the most out of my video card?
As always, Thanks![]()
I downloaded the latest drivers from Nvidia's site and followed their directions. Works great.
Hmmm, not sure bout that one, but I also have Nvidia gfx (GF4Ti4200). I downloaded and installed the driver from www.Nvidia.com and after searching this forum for instructions had it up and running with full hardware acceleration in minutes.
Will check out the kernel patch, didn't know bout that![]()
I downloaded the nvidia script as directed ( NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run), they didn't appear to have the source availible. But when run it doesn't really accomplish anything other than producing errors. It seems that it cannot find the kernel sources I installed (2.4.21). Simply using the patch from the debian tree doesn't seem to work. I feel like I'm missing something totally obvious here.... I hate that feelingOriginally Posted by Doc
Should I perhaps move the source from /usr/src/linux-source-2.4.21 to /usr/src/linux?
--You need to post the *specific* error messages that the nvidia script is giving you. Outside of that you can try ' cd /usr/src; ln linux-2.4.21 linux -sfn ' to just create a symlink.
Originally Posted by ferreter
Just remembered a post that helped me...
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2037#9699
Good luck![]()

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge R750 2x Xeon Gold 6326 96GB 12x1.92TB SSD H755 Win 2022
$4999.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$94.95