Try Kmix. Mute the microphone>File>Save settings as default.
Hi
I have sucsesfully installed Knoppix on my Acer laptop. One issue I have though is that the microphone is switched on by default. When the volume is set on high when booting this causes feedback and a terrible beep.
How do I switch the mic of by default on boot?
Thanks
Peter
Try Kmix. Mute the microphone>File>Save settings as default.
Thanks rickenbacherus,
Unfortunately it didn't workAs soon as KDE takes over the feedback is gone. I think I need to change some sound driver config file.
Peter

Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)
$64.99
16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00
TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 TLZGD432G3600HC18JBK
$749.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
SK Hynix 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-2400T (HMA81GU6AFR8N-UH) DDR4 Desktop ram
$25.99
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99
SK hynix (4X 16GB) PC4-25600 (DDR4-2400) Memory (HMA82GR7AFR8N-XN) Tested
$400.00
32 GB RAM kit (2 x 16 GB). Original identity: Samsung 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6400 PC
$372.10
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98