-
I have a Dell Smartstep 250N Laptop and it boots up without any errors of any kind. When I started it up on my girlfriends celeron 600 system, I got the same errors that Flibble stated. They didn't prevent me from running knoppix, however.
-
Knoppix Release 1-20-03
I just installed this to the HD twice, but when i go to login as su it gives me
knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ su
Password:
su: Authentication failure
Sorry.
Any help? I am gonna try re-installing with a shorter r00t password.
EDIT -- I still get the error of Authentication failure with shorter easier password to type
-
try
sudo su (after you are normallty root)
passwd (change the root passwd)
-
Hello! can you translate Fluxbox in english in next realize? I think it`s time to create 2 distribyution English and German because 90% of people on this forum knows english but not German
like me ;(
thx!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Actually English came from German originally. You can opt for English durring the bootup by hitting F2 and typing in the command from the menu.
-
Sorry In Fluxbot really in english but it`s TWM
-

Originally Posted by
stonent
I've seen that on most new Dell systems. I think it is using an smp kernel and aggressively looking for a 2nd cpu.
I get this on the 2003.1.1 distribution.
-
Why reinstall
1. boot from knoppix cd
2. Mount /dev/<rootdisk> read/write
3. edit /dev/<rootdisk>/etc/shadow
4. find the line that starts with root, will be the first line
it will look like:
root:$1$1qbA7gC2$DGdFT421dxGGTmLYmTd:12075:0:99999 :7:::
5. remove everthing from the first : to the second :, will look like
root::12075:0:99999:7:::
6. umount /dev/<rootdisk>
7. reboot the system
8. login as root on tty1 (alt+ctrl+F1) once system boot up, just hit enter when asked for passwoord.
9. use passwd to set new root password
have a blast.
Joshua SS Miller
-
problem re-mastering 1-20-03 Knoppix release.
i can't get this release to re-master
i have about 4.5gb for remastering and a 22gb swap
when i run the command extract_commpressed_fd KNOPPIX > /knx/master
it keeps saying not enough room now i have almost 5gb on the /knx/master and about the same on another drive same error has something changed?
regards
MR_EPOD@@hotmail.com
-
got the same problem

Originally Posted by
Anonymous
Tried this latest iso and it fails on loading saying "Couldn't start kdeinit. Check your installation".
Then it goes on to say "Not enough memory to start kde! (At least 82 mb required.)
Using TWM instead.
I have 386mb ram in my Abit bp6 and also on booting it picks up my linix swap.
I have 256mb ram, it worked last time with 3.0 no prob, haven't tried mem=256MB yet but for some reason don't think it will fix it, i had the same amount of memory displayed.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 42
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 06:22 PM
-
Replies: 40
Last Post: 09-30-2003, 01:38 PM
-
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:23 AM
-
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-24-2003, 05:07 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-12-2002, 05:20 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*
$785.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00