-
Network problems
Hi guys,
I know taht this topic has appeared here a couple of times. I have checked the Forum but didn't find the answer.
I have some problems with accessing the Internet from my KNOPPIX CD.
1. I have checked ifconfig and found that my IP was 127.0.0.1 but the network card looked to me to be not installed.
2. I have changed the network adapter (another PCMCIA card) and KNOPPIX got it. However Internet still doesn't work.
If I run netcardconfig it asks me whether I want to use DHCP I have answered YES. After that KNOPPIX freezes. The only thing I can do is to restart the computer (laptop HP ZE4125) and run it again.
My network configuration is as follows:
Internet access from COX (cable modem) connected to a router and then my laptop to one of the router ports.
I have tried almost everything. I have connected my laptop directly to the exit of the cable modem, but still nothing!
I have checked different network cards and the one that is recognized by KNOPPIX is the 3COM Megahertz 10/100 PCMCIA.
Please anybody here who could spend a while on guiding me through this?
Thanks in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By charon in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 02:14 PM
-
By carpie in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 09-05-2003, 02:04 AM
-
By RonOhm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-17-2003, 08:05 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-13-2003, 06:49 PM
-
By in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2003, 11:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Grandstream GXW4224 24-Line FXS Analog VoIP Gateway, Ethernet RJ-45 Black
$165.00

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00

Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone
$225.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE
$149.00

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00