Good morning
I have an interesting problem and I was wondering if anyone had anything similar. If so maybe they could share with me what they did. My old Nokia Multigraph 447x monitor is very finicky and originally when I tried to start Knoppix Autodetect, I came up with a strange bowed screen. Then I found out about 'knoppix xmodule=vesa lang=en' and was able to get Knoppix running on my computer (Dell Dimension L866r). Then I was playing with savecfg, trying to save my settings to a floppy, which I didn't get to work very well. I got a new version of Knoppix and now all versions, even old ones refuse to show a screen. Strangest thing is that Damn Small Linux, based on Knoppix, brings up a screen using the vesa/en parameters. Just to be complete, I am not using a floppy to load configs, or anything else that I know of. Below are what I hope are the relevant portions of lvpci -v
00:01.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corp. 82810E DC-133 CGC [Chipset Graphics Controller] (
rev 03) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 4332
Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 11
Memory at f8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
Memory at ffa80000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]
Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 1
Any help would be much appreciated.
Jim Macdonald
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida.

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025
$22.00
Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e/4Kn HDD
$199.00
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$69.00
Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
Seagate Enterprise Capacity 2TB 2.5in SATA Internal HDD ST2000NX0403
$60.00
Sun Oracle 7357761 14TB 7.2K 3.5 12G SAS-3 HDD Hard Disc Drive w/ Coral Bracket
$249.99
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99