Anyone?![]()
Since I successfully remastered my knoppix, I also wanted to modify my peanut linux 9.2 (slackware based minimalist linux for 386 computer) distro to use knoppix hardware detection technology. Is this possible?
What scripts and programs should I get from the cd? This distribution is nice because it boots from the DOS prompt using loadlin.exe
Anyone?![]()
The hardware detection is all avaliable here, but there isn't much point in using anything other than knoppix/debian, becasue It's all set up, ready to go. You'll have to basicly copy the init scripts, and all the Knoppix scripts and programs yourself, and work out how to make it work in a slackware enviorment.Originally Posted by wanderer
Thank you!![]()
I'm doing this if it is possible to make a cloop based live cd from slackware.
there is a slackware based live cd so it must be possible.
try www.slackware-live.org
hope this helps you out
Freeballer
slackware live cd filesystem is based on cramfs. The binaries are compressed before that using upx (http://upx.sourceforge.net) - a very good program compression tool i I may say so myself, zsnes uses it to compress their binaries. Thanks again! I like my knoppix cd really very much (use it so very often), but for 386 based computers, peanut works well.Originally Posted by freeballer

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
FREE S&H - Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3x 15.3" WUXGA Touch Snapdragon X X1 16GB 256GB
$325.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader
$571.00
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99
Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36
Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80