Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Slackware 9 Help please!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA, Washington
    Posts
    7

    Slackware 9 Help please!

    :newbie: I "tried" to install Slackware 9 and made a mess...I have 2 partitions on my HD Hda1 for Windows and Hda2 for Linux and Hda3 for my swap drive. ( I have NO idea what a swap drive is..hehe...) When I installed Slackware today it "seemed" that I was doing it right! I wanted to boot of the HD cuz I dont want to use a floppy. When everything was done I restarted and got 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 filling half of the screen...CRAP!...I said to myself! I hope I didnt screw up Windows XP. ( I just installed the 40MB of updates on a 56k last night! ) Now to let everyone know I am 15 but I LOVE computers and I am an expert in Windows especially with repairs I can fix just bout any computer! But recently I REALLY want to get into linux and I hear that Slackware 9 is the best out there. I want to let everyone know that I have used Knoppix and I have installed it on my HD and it is still on my HD right now. I have used the Konsole and all that good stuff I have not remembered all the commands : ( there is just SOOO many I think I need to buy a GOOD linux book. :study: Now I need to install Slackware and the web site didn't help at all! Now I don't compeatly understand what they are all saying! I don't speak very good Linux So how do I install slackware over Knoppix. Do I just deleate the Knoppix partition with cfdisk? To install slackware I really need a easy to understand step-by-step guide. If I can get that I WILL post it everywhere for newbs! I know there is ALOT of people out there who are having the same problem as me! So I beg someone to help me out and give me this guide and just not refer my to the slackware website or someother fourm that has nothing to do with what I am saying. I am not stupid! But please someone help me out I would Really apprecaite it ALOT! Thanks for the help! ( whoever replies! )

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Sorry, this is not a slackware support forum.

Similar Threads

  1. Debian vs Slackware vs Redhat?
    By axopro in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2005, 08:13 PM
  2. Klik on Slackware?
    By Garibaldi in forum Klik
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-29-2005, 08:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)

$1599.99



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$140.00



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU picture

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU

$197.76



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



Dell M620 Blade Server Intel Xeon 2x E5-2665 @2.40GHz No HDD and No Ram QTY picture

Dell M620 Blade Server Intel Xeon 2x E5-2665 @2.40GHz No HDD and No Ram QTY

$99.95



Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5

Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4

$154.76



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD

$349.99