-
Evolution
It would be nice if Evolution was included. Not sure what would have to be done with Ximian to get it done.
Joshua SS Miller
-
It would be nice if Evolution was included. Not sure what would have to be done with Ximian to get it done.
Well, Evolution is GPL software - so the Ximian's need not be involved at all. Not to say that Miguel and Nat wouldn't be glad about the inclusion of Evolution into Knoppix - or any distribution, for that matter!
-
well, the evolution package itself is almost 25 megs, plus the other packages it's dependant on. I don't think it's really necessary in Knoppix, but you're always free to customize it to your heart's content
-
evolution more solid for imap(s)
I love kmail but evolution seems to be alot more solid and fast when doing imap(s). I understand that Gnome is already installed so it should not take too much additional packages... but I do understand that it takes up a bit of space. Maybe substitute Phoenix for Mozilla?
Evolution's benefits is that it is a decent pim also. It is still one of the better client-side pims that I have run across in Linux.
-
Junior Member
registered user
If I remember Evolution was already included in Knoppix - at least in 2003 CeBIT version - together with OpenOffice and KDE and Gnome and .... It's a pitty that it's not part of standard release now. What about removing other unimportant stuff like those games ... and include Evolution ??
That would be cool
seth
-
-
Senior Member
registered user
for me, I prefer KDE-only software - no evolution, no open-office, no mozilla. which whould save alot space too... but I think I should make a remaster myself to have this. which migt take some time, cuz I just started with linux
Similar Threads
-
By pwoods in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-22-2004, 09:58 PM
-
By Milhouse in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 14
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 04:06 AM
-
By solfrio in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-19-2003, 11:09 AM
-
By johnnygrend in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-19-2003, 10:49 PM
-
By MattT in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-12-2003, 02:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99