--I googled for your Xlib err message and found this:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/history/69651

--Basically you should try altering your color depth ( man Xfree86 ) ' startx -- -depth 16 ' and then run armyops. If all you're doing is running the game, you should consider running something other than KDE, such as icewm - a more lightweight window manager that uses much less system resources. ' xinit /usr/bin/icewm -depth 16 ' should work.

--You should check /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and look for ' DefaultColorDepth '. You can change the default permanently if you want. Check the armyops documentation and see what kind of color requirements it needs.

--If this doesn't work, you need to post what kind of video card you have and download the latest Linux drivers for it (I have nvidia myself, recommended.)

Quote Originally Posted by FelixDzerzhinsky
When I run America's Army I get this message????:

~$ armyops
Xlib: extension "XiG-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD" missing on display ":0.0".
GL_EXT_bgra not supported - bailing out.


What's it all about?