-
Framebuffer option for Knoppix HD-Install
Knoppix 3.2 flickers on my Laptop LCD Display. (Card:S3SavagePro SharedMemory)
If I boot Knoppix from CD and use the framebuffer cheat ( fb1024x768 ) everything is fine! No flickering.
My question:
How to setup this framebuffer option when I use the HD-Installed Knoppix Version? I guess a config file has to be changed, but because I am a Linux Newbie I don't know which one, where and what to change. 
Thank you for your help!
-
Senior Member
registered user
mabey
Im not sure but I think you could just rename your /etc/X11/XF86config-4 file to "XF86congig-4.old" then boot the live knoppix cd with your cheatcode and copy the XF86config-4 file to your /mnt/hdax/etc/X11/
That *should* work...anybody ?
-
@Tech2k
Thank you very much for that hint!!!
I compared both files.
Driver "fbdev" had to be set in the /etc/X11/XF86config-4 file.
Now everything looks fine. :P
Similar Threads
-
By mallyone in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-17-2005, 11:03 PM
-
By daneel101 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-28-2004, 08:20 PM
-
By mkjtravel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-30-2004, 03:16 AM
-
By drevil in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-28-2004, 10:00 PM
-
By redsea2002 in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-05-2003, 01:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster
$895.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Apple IIgs 3.5” & 5.25” Floppy Disk Drives A9M0106 A9M0107 Untested
$115.00

Panasonic Toughbook CF-29 Vintage Computer - Not Working parts
$89.95

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

Vintage Schlesinger 17" Leather Briefcase Classic Flap Whiskey Brown Attache EUC
$99.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37