Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Screen size not recognized

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    8

    Screen size not recognized

    I have installed knoppix 3.2 6-6-2003 version on my hard disk. I have a 19" monitor and my knoppix display occupies only part of it. And the rest is just black. I get the whole display properly except that it is not occupying my monitor's viewable area. It happens only on X display. When I ctrl+Alt+F1/2/3... it is fine. I get the whole screen. How can I tell the X-server that I have a 19" display and not a smaller one as it thinks? Is there any setting that I need to change??

    Thanks in advance,
    Sanjay.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Screen size not recognized

    --You need to adjust the actual controls on your monitor to stretch the image.

    Quote Originally Posted by sanjay
    I have installed knoppix 3.2 6-6-2003 version on my hard disk. I have a 19" monitor and my knoppix display occupies only part of it. And the rest is just black. I get the whole display properly except that it is not occupying my monitor's viewable area. It happens only on X display. When I ctrl+Alt+F1/2/3... it is fine. I get the whole screen. How can I tell the X-server that I have a 19" display and not a smaller one as it thinks? Is there any setting that I need to change??

    Thanks in advance,
    Sanjay.

Similar Threads

  1. Screen Size
    By roc in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 01:25 AM
  2. Screen size problem
    By harken in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2005, 03:23 AM
  3. How do you change the screen size?
    By chris-harry in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-09-2004, 03:28 AM
  4. Screen Size Help
    By Jefff in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2004, 06:17 PM
  5. Screen Size
    By CHINAMAN in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-22-2003, 03:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal picture

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal

$150.00



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$119.99



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation

$79.95



DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage picture

DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage

$79.99



Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard picture

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard

$149.99



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working picture

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working

$111.00