-
Junior Member
registered user
This is how I did it with two HD’s.
This is how I did it with two HD’s.
The Set up
IDE 0 channel 0 XP HD
IDE 0 channel 1 Zip
IDE 1 channel 0 Knopix HD
IDE 1 Channel 1 DVD
When I installed Knoppix I removed my XP HD temporally so I would have no way of messing it up. Then I did a HD install of Knoppix tacking all the stander options for the install. One of the options is to create a boot disk, I did so. Reinstalled XP HD and every thing booted just fine. If I want Knoppix I boot with the boot disk (different than the one used for the CD) or chang my bios to boot to that drive first. If I want XP I just boot as normal.
Yes you need 2 HD but it is safe and easy and cheep.
Later
Ben
Similar Threads
-
By jimbo62 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-16-2004, 10:41 PM
-
By Kowood in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-31-2004, 07:47 PM
-
By jimbo62 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 04:22 PM
-
By MillTek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-17-2004, 06:38 AM
-
By BlkBear in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-03-2004, 06:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00

Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033
$125.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate 2.5" Barracuda 1TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD 2F110A-500
$19.99

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99