Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: how to make this CD bootable

  1. #1

    how to make this CD bootable

    I am not experienced in CD burning, but I used Nero and I burned only the file knoppix_v3.1-2003-01-01-EN.iso

    But when I try to boot with the CD, it doesn't boot.

    Should I have to copy another file in the same CD to do the boot?

    thks. Carlos

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    The iso file is a CD IMAGE

    so.. you don't burn the file ONTO the cd, but burn the file AS the cd.

    In nero it's "burn image" or similar.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    79

    Re: how to make this CD bootable

    Quote Originally Posted by caalex
    I am not experienced in CD burning, but I used Nero and I burned only the file knoppix_v3.1-2003-01-01-EN.iso

    But when I try to boot with the CD, it doesn't boot.

    Should I have to copy another file in the same CD to do the boot?

    thks. Carlos
    Right click on the iso file and select from the menu :-
    1) "Open with" -> "Choose Program" ie nero or
    2) "Properties" -> "Opens with" use the [Change...] tab and select nero

    Using good quality 700 meg media helps

    rob

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    73
    to burn from within nero, go to file, then burn image. select the iso, and u are all set. good luck

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    35
    Also, make sure that the md5 checksums match after you DL.

Similar Threads

  1. ISO newbe wants to burn Knoppix CD, make good bootable CD
    By theonemonkeyman in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-22-2004, 01:06 PM
  2. How to make partition bootable?
    By HotDog in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-04-2004, 07:21 PM
  3. make menuconfig / make dep
    By Lord1981 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-04-2004, 10:19 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 09:40 AM
  5. download knoppix from a mirror site to make a bootable CD
    By tivadarpreiss in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 01:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New picture

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New

$180.00



HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001 picture

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001

$14.90



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Lot of 3 Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-LR Transceiver Module 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 10-2457-02 picture

Lot of 3 Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-LR Transceiver Module 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 10-2457-02

$35.00



HPE B-series 16Gb SFP+ QK724A Pull Tab Optical Transceiver picture

HPE B-series 16Gb SFP+ QK724A Pull Tab Optical Transceiver

$10.00



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99