Check out Stephen's input on this post:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3306#15548
Whenever I save my settings under Aumix, which controls sound output for my laptop, either at root or as a user, the settings DO NOT save, after I reboot.
Please advise.
thanks
Check out Stephen's input on this post:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3306#15548
I also read in a post on Debian User that in the package alsa-utils that there is a utility that will keep the sound levels automatically have not tried it so don't know for sure.
When I created a new kernel, I am not getting any sound whatsoever, and now I am getting these errors:
root@Probot:/etc/init.d# uname -a
Linux Probot 2.4.21-acpi #1 Mon Jul 7 18:49:46 CEST 2003 i686 GNU/Linux
root@Probot:/etc/init.d# ./alsa-autoconfig
Preparing modules for alsa...
Building card database..
Configuring via82xx...
Running update-modules...
Creating snddevices...
Setting default volumes...
aumix: error opening mixer
root@Probot:/etc/init.d# ./aumix
Usage: /etc/init.d/aumix {start|stop|save}
root@Probot:/etc/init.d# ./aumix start
Restoring mixer settings: failed.
Talked to a few folks in my lug, http://olug.org/
Some claimed that I should use apt-get to reinstall all of the packages.
-Aumix
-Alsa
Does it matter which one goes first?
thanks

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99
Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99
Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99
Juniper QFX10008-PREM/ QFX10008-PREMIUM / 90 Day Warranty / Ships Today
$7500.00
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86
Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00
Juniper EX2300-24P 24-port Gigabit RJ-45 PoE 4-port 10Gb SFP+ Network Switch
$89.99