Hey.
I had the same problem, and I have an audigy here.
If you add in "alsa" to the command when you start up knoppix, it should find your audigy, as it does in my case.
Knoppix alsa
or whatever else you use.
HTH
-zzym
Hi!
I just downloaded and tried the Knoppix live cd. It looks great and i got really interested in it. I have a few problems though...
When i try to play something (sound) i get an error that there aren't any sound devices. When i try settings it gives this error message "the module used for your card emu10k1.o, is not currently in your module search path. Please verify that your kernel module are correctly installed"
Does this mean that i need to make the cd-again with emu10k1.o ? or is it somewhere on the cd?
Thanks!
Hey.
I had the same problem, and I have an audigy here.
If you add in "alsa" to the command when you start up knoppix, it should find your audigy, as it does in my case.
Knoppix alsa
or whatever else you use.
HTH
-zzym

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
TerraMaster F2-210 2-Bay NAS Server Cloud Storage
$199.95
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Netgate XG-7100-1U 16G 256GB SSD Security Gateway Firewall pfSense
$260.00
ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00
Hitachi 14TB SATA 6Gb/s, 3.5”, 7200 RPM, Linux Only Hard Drive. 100% HEALTH.
$197.00