ummm, its already bootable. check you BIOS and move the cd-rom so it boots before the harddrive.
I downloaded Knoppix and burned the ISO image on a CD, but CD won't boot. How do I create a bootable image in Windows? Anything special I need to do other than just burn image on CD? Thanks.
ummm, its already bootable. check you BIOS and move the cd-rom so it boots before the harddrive.
I've enable CD-ROM boot in the BIOS, and I can boot other CDs. Can it be because I burned the CD using Windows?
Thanks.
When you burned your CD did you just burn it as a data (one big file on the disk) disk or use the option in your burning program to create a disk from an ISO image which makes the disk bootable and if you look at it in explorer then you would see a directory structure on it instead of the one big Knoppix file. BTW what program are you using so someone may be able to tell you which is the correct option to use.Originally Posted by Merlin1935
Stephen,
I used Roxio Easy CD Creator and you are correct the file appeared as one big ISO file without a directory structure.
As we speak I am using a utility called ISO Recorder and I hope it works. If it does, I'll post the results.
However if you know a better program please let me know.
Thanks.
It works! I used ISO Recorder utility and it finally works...
Why not just use cdrecord?![]()
Regards,

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster
$895.00
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00
Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00
Vintage Apple IIgs 3.5” & 5.25” Floppy Disk Drives A9M0106 A9M0107 Untested
$115.00
Panasonic Toughbook CF-29 Vintage Computer - Not Working parts
$89.95
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61
Vintage Schlesinger 17" Leather Briefcase Classic Flap Whiskey Brown Attache EUC
$99.99
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72