-
Knoppix and a Nokia Multigraph 447x
Good morning
I have an interesting problem and I was wondering if anyone had anything similar. If so maybe they could share with me what they did. My old Nokia Multigraph 447x monitor is very finicky and originally when I tried to start Knoppix Autodetect, I came up with a strange bowed screen. Then I found out about 'knoppix xmodule=vesa lang=en' and was able to get Knoppix running on my computer (Dell Dimension L866r). Then I was playing with savecfg, trying to save my settings to a floppy, which I didn't get to work very well. I got a new version of Knoppix and now all versions, even old ones refuse to show a screen. Strangest thing is that Damn Small Linux, based on Knoppix, brings up a screen using the vesa/en parameters. Just to be complete, I am not using a floppy to load configs, or anything else that I know of. Below are what I hope are the relevant portions of lvpci -v
00:01.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corp. 82810E DC-133 CGC [Chipset Graphics Controller] (
rev 03) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 4332
Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 11
Memory at f8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
Memory at ffa80000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]
Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 1
Any help would be much appreciated.
Jim Macdonald
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida.
Similar Threads
-
By bongski55 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-11-2004, 10:41 AM
-
By Sven in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 05:02 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-25-2003, 05:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS
$8199.99

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper FAN3-PTX-H-S Fan II price incl VAT 3 yr warranty* B2B
$2500.00

Juniper NS-ISG-1000 ISG-1000 Integrated Security Gateway Baseline Chassis 4PORT
$129.99

Juniper EX4300-24P 24 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch.
$95.55