-
Installing apps
Hi everybody,
I know, this isn't really customizing and remastering but this topic was the one that fitted the best 
Well, my question is (the exitement is.. exciting :P) :
How do you install apps onto the ramdisk when knoppix is running? Each time I try I get an error after running the 'make install' command telling mer that /usr/local/blablabla is on a readonly filesystem. That is not very suprising since knoppix after all is running from a cd but how do I change this so that the apps are placed on the ramdisk instead? I know, I know, the apps will be deleted at each reboot/shutdown but the computer with knoppix is always running 
Any ideas? Maybe this is the most simple thing ever to do and the only reason I fail is because my not so very large skills in linux? Or maybe it isn't possible?
/Mikael
-
Senior Member
registered user
You should take a look at fabianX's scripts which install applications into ramdisk/persistent home. That should show you it it takes to do it.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-10-2005, 05:29 PM
-
By lilsirecho in forum Klik
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-12-2005, 06:21 PM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 02:09 AM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-20-2004, 08:01 AM
-
By mattsbr in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-21-2003, 11:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99