-
Installing apps
Hi everybody,
I know, this isn't really customizing and remastering but this topic was the one that fitted the best 
Well, my question is (the exitement is.. exciting :P) :
How do you install apps onto the ramdisk when knoppix is running? Each time I try I get an error after running the 'make install' command telling mer that /usr/local/blablabla is on a readonly filesystem. That is not very suprising since knoppix after all is running from a cd but how do I change this so that the apps are placed on the ramdisk instead? I know, I know, the apps will be deleted at each reboot/shutdown but the computer with knoppix is always running 
Any ideas? Maybe this is the most simple thing ever to do and the only reason I fail is because my not so very large skills in linux? Or maybe it isn't possible?
/Mikael
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-10-2005, 05:29 PM
-
By lilsirecho in forum Klik
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-12-2005, 06:21 PM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 02:09 AM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-20-2004, 08:01 AM
-
By mattsbr in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-21-2003, 11:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00