Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: How Do I Burn Bootable CD With My Knoppix Download?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4

    How Do I Burn Bootable CD With My Knoppix Download?

    I downloaded Knoppix and burned the ISO image on a CD, but CD won't boot. How do I create a bootable image in Windows? Anything special I need to do other than just burn image on CD? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2
    ummm, its already bootable. check you BIOS and move the cd-rom so it boots before the harddrive.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4
    I've enable CD-ROM boot in the BIOS, and I can boot other CDs. Can it be because I burned the CD using Windows?
    Thanks.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1935
    I've enable CD-ROM boot in the BIOS, and I can boot other CDs. Can it be because I burned the CD using Windows?
    Thanks.
    When you burned your CD did you just burn it as a data (one big file on the disk) disk or use the option in your burning program to create a disk from an ISO image which makes the disk bootable and if you look at it in explorer then you would see a directory structure on it instead of the one big Knoppix file. BTW what program are you using so someone may be able to tell you which is the correct option to use.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4
    Stephen,
    I used Roxio Easy CD Creator and you are correct the file appeared as one big ISO file without a directory structure.
    As we speak I am using a utility called ISO Recorder and I hope it works. If it does, I'll post the results.
    However if you know a better program please let me know.
    Thanks.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4
    It works! I used ISO Recorder utility and it finally works...

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Why not just use cdrecord?

    Regards,

Similar Threads

  1. How do I burn Knoppix
    By Warwizard in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-18-2005, 06:06 PM
  2. ISO newbe wants to burn Knoppix CD, make good bootable CD
    By theonemonkeyman in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-22-2004, 01:06 PM
  3. burn baby burn!
    By tup34 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-01-2004, 06:23 PM
  4. download knoppix from a mirror site to make a bootable CD
    By tivadarpreiss in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 01:32 PM
  5. how to burn knoppix
    By mann in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2003, 01:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



JUNIPER MPC10E-15C-MRATE MPC10E-15C-X MX MODULAR 15-PORT CONCENTRATOR 400G picture

JUNIPER MPC10E-15C-MRATE MPC10E-15C-X MX MODULAR 15-PORT CONCENTRATOR 400G

$39999.99



Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS picture

Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS

$8199.99



Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC picture

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC

$10499.99



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper EX4300-24P 24 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch. picture

Juniper EX4300-24P 24 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch.

$95.55