-
Senior Member
registered user
mysql Error no more ptys Hung ptys Too many connections
Hello all,
I am getting an error message and would like to know
how this aplies to KNOPPIX.
I am working from the DVD with no hard drive.
I am controlling mysql from an expect/expectk
script. All works well but after about 14 entries
of "INSERT into ... " I get an error message of
this type:
Error: The system only has a finite number of ptys and you have many of them in use.
The usual reason for this is that you forgot (of didn’t know) to call “wait” after closing each of them.
Error: The system has no more ptys. Ask your system administrator to create more.
The above is as it occurs from the desktop -- user knoppix.
As root repeated requests gives me the message
ERROR 1040: Too many connections
I expect I can find a work around but what are ptys and
how does KNOPPIX and LINUX deal with them?
Best Wishes
paradocs
Similar Threads
-
By sniker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-08-2004, 03:50 AM
-
By norrillous in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-03-2004, 02:24 AM
-
By Roly-Arg in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-16-2004, 06:16 PM
-
By CrashedAgain in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-08-2003, 11:02 PM
-
By Coume in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 06:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08