-
Floppy problems :(
Hi there,
I have just installed knoppi onto the hard drive of my spare computer, everything went smoothly. OS boots up fine,
But there are 2 problems
1. No sound, my sound card is a creative soundblaster PCI 128
2. Floppy doesn't work... error reads
"error file or directory does not exist file://mnt/floppy"
Any help would be apprieciated.
-
also..
me again..
regarding the floppy issue, I tried in konsole as root..
Code:
mount /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy
I recieve an error stating
"mount point /mnt/floppy is a symbolic link to nowhere"
So I checked in the file location /mnt, I have an 'unkown link' icon with floppy written underneath, when I check what this file is it says
"floppy->/mnt/auto/floppy (unkown link)"
So then I tried
Code:
mount /dev/fd0 /mnt/auto/floppy
and I recieve
mount point /mnt/auto/floppy does not exist
-
Fixed
Just to let you know its fixed.
I just deleted the Unkown link entry and created a new floppy device entry in /mnt as /dev/hd0
Fixed
-
Senior Member
registered user
Try just using /floppy for the mount point ie. mount /dev/fd0 /floppy and for the sound use either sndconfig or /etc/init.d/alsa-autoconfig to use alsa. If you use alsa then edit /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh and put the line aumix -w 75 -v 75 at the bottom of the file to set the default sound levels on boot. All this as root of course.
Similar Threads
-
By kevmo in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-17-2005, 10:59 PM
-
By budhead in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-12-2004, 05:34 PM
-
By PiotrS in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-24-2004, 07:46 AM
-
By doubled157940 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-02-2003, 06:23 AM
-
By fez in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-20-2003, 12:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1690.40

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$452.53

Western Digital PC SN8000S 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 SSD
$105.00

1TB 2TB 4TB Portable SSD Type-C External Hard Drive USB 3.1 High Speed PC
$15.99