Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Sitecom WL-003 (USB Wireless LAN adapter)

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17

    Sitecom WL-003 (USB Wireless LAN adapter)

    Im completely new to this thing and LINUX so I begging for simple help here!

    Basically, as the name suggests I have a wireless lan adapter, and it isnt working. I run wlcardconfig and it says I have no wireless card installed!

    Is there any drivers I can get? I dont see no linux ones on the sitecom site.

    Could you point me to a solution? Or to some drivers and how to install em?

    THanks in advance!!

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17
    anyone?

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17
    BUMP!

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17
    HELP PLEASE!!

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    I don't think too many people have this device. This may be why there hasn't been much response.

    It does appear however that the card is supported under linux. I found this information by looking at the following link:

    http://www.wireless.org.au/~jhecker/.../usbtable.html

    Your card is #55 i belive.

    Links and howtos are at the top of the page.

    Try to make some headway with the info listed there and then come back here if you are in need of more help.

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17
    thats the card

    But I dont see how I can use this from within Knoppix... because I dont know how to install things to Knoppix.

    Can you give me a walkthrough of how to do it please?

    Thanks so much

    Carey

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17
    I tried it and it said something about me not being allowed root access??

    Im stuck lol!!

  8. #8
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17
    Bump

  9. #9
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17
    Please help, aay!!

  10. #10
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lantech Wireless 802.11b USB adapter
    By Tetsuo in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-16-2005, 06:42 AM
  2. Belkin USB 802.11b Wireless adapter
    By TharrBeNoSpoon in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2004, 01:18 PM
  3. D-Link DWL-650+ Wireless Adapter
    By Tad in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-29-2003, 02:48 PM
  4. What Wireless Adapter ?
    By Tad in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 11:54 AM
  5. Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter
    By jeff_20_ in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2003, 03:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard picture

MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard

$163.49



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU

$45.00



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P picture

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P

$101.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen picture

MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen

$59.99