Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Sitecom WL-003 (USB Wireless LAN adapter)

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17

    Sitecom WL-003 (USB Wireless LAN adapter)

    Im completely new to this thing and LINUX so I begging for simple help here!

    Basically, as the name suggests I have a wireless lan adapter, and it isnt working. I run wlcardconfig and it says I have no wireless card installed!

    Is there any drivers I can get? I dont see no linux ones on the sitecom site.

    Could you point me to a solution? Or to some drivers and how to install em?

    THanks in advance!!

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17
    anyone?

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17
    BUMP!

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17
    HELP PLEASE!!

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    I don't think too many people have this device. This may be why there hasn't been much response.

    It does appear however that the card is supported under linux. I found this information by looking at the following link:

    http://www.wireless.org.au/~jhecker/.../usbtable.html

    Your card is #55 i belive.

    Links and howtos are at the top of the page.

    Try to make some headway with the info listed there and then come back here if you are in need of more help.

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17
    thats the card

    But I dont see how I can use this from within Knoppix... because I dont know how to install things to Knoppix.

    Can you give me a walkthrough of how to do it please?

    Thanks so much

    Carey

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17
    I tried it and it said something about me not being allowed root access??

    Im stuck lol!!

  8. #8
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17
    Bump

  9. #9
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17
    Please help, aay!!

  10. #10
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lantech Wireless 802.11b USB adapter
    By Tetsuo in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-16-2005, 06:42 AM
  2. Belkin USB 802.11b Wireless adapter
    By TharrBeNoSpoon in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2004, 01:18 PM
  3. D-Link DWL-650+ Wireless Adapter
    By Tad in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-29-2003, 02:48 PM
  4. What Wireless Adapter ?
    By Tad in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 11:54 AM
  5. Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter
    By jeff_20_ in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2003, 03:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW picture

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW

$49.99



Apple Macintosh 512K 1MB MacSnap SCSI 128K ROM 800K + 400K Drive Keyboard Mouse picture

Apple Macintosh 512K 1MB MacSnap SCSI 128K ROM 800K + 400K Drive Keyboard Mouse

$995.00



1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare picture

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare

$1800.00



1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE picture

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE

$6299.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond

$140.00



Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW picture

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW

$59.99



Apple Macintosh M0110 Keyboard, TESTED, WORKING; for Mac 128K, 512K, Plus - DW picture

Apple Macintosh M0110 Keyboard, TESTED, WORKING; for Mac 128K, 512K, Plus - DW

$79.99



Keyboard Cable Cord - Apple Macintosh Mac 128K 512K 512Ke Plus picture

Keyboard Cable Cord - Apple Macintosh Mac 128K 512K 512Ke Plus

$12.99



Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs picture

Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs

$14.99



Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k picture

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k

$300.00