Be root.
Create /etc/init.d/net_login. Insert your commands.
From a console:Code:mii-tool -F 10baseT-HD pon
... and be lucky!Code:chmod ug+x /etc/init.d/net_login cd /etc/rc5.d ln -s ../init.d/net_login S33net_login
Hamatoma
Every time I log on the net I have to type in mii-tool -F 10baseT-HD then pon.
Where can I put this line so it happens automatically when I boot?
Be root.
Create /etc/init.d/net_login. Insert your commands.
From a console:Code:mii-tool -F 10baseT-HD pon
... and be lucky!Code:chmod ug+x /etc/init.d/net_login cd /etc/rc5.d ln -s ../init.d/net_login S33net_login
Hamatoma
Noticed message during boot
"Configuring network interfaces:/etc/network/interfaces:14ption with empty value."
Is this significant?
Rename S33net_login to S99net_login to force starting the script at least.
If it is“nt successfull:
Create a link to /etc/init.d/net_login at your desktop
(right mouse click on th desktop, "New - Link to program" [strings could be wrong because I know only the german version])
to start the script by one mouse click.
You can copy this link to ~/.kde/autostart for automatic execution.
I hope, this helps a little bit.
Hamatoma
How can my normal users get the permission to get on the net and also to use mii-tool as stated previously?
If you set mii-tool and pon suid then users should be able to use them, NOTE with suid set anyone should be able to use them, as in possible security risk! A lot of people don't like running stuff suid.
ex:
andchmod +s /sbin/mii-tool
HTHchmod +s /usr/bin/pon
rock

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ā Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)ā
$29.90
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00
Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00