YES, SAME PROBLEM!![]()
I noticed that there is a /usr/share/applnk directory, in addition to /etc/skel/.kde/share/applnk and ~/.kde/share/applnk. Is the one in /etc/skel the only one used to create the kmenu? Or is the one in /usr used as the basis for the kmenu, and the one in /etc/skel that gets copied to ~ when booting is like appended to the one found in /usr?
I'm having trouble right now with a new kmenu on my remaster, where before I didn't have any trouble. This time, though I went in and tried to remove things that have been uninstalled, instead of just adding new items. I saw the applnk in /usr/share and though maybe that was what was causing me so much trouble....
Edit: Ok, the ~/.kde/share/applnk is all ok getting copied from /etc/skel and is set the way I like it when I boot. Yet, KDE's menu is not derived from these files. It's still using the original kmenu. I've copied the applnk folder's contents to /usr/share/applnk, etc/skel/.kde/share/applnk, and to /usr/share/knoppix/profile/.kde/share/applnk. Now I'm recompressing the CD for like the 5th time today. I'm betting some script is overriding my kmenu. But as far as I can tell, any places where the original kmenu files were kept have been rewritten with my custom kmenu files.
I'd bet a lot of money that my custom kmenu works fine if I create a persistent home, which means its definitely a script somewhere causing this trouble.
YES, SAME PROBLEM!![]()
Some more info:
When I'm in kde and I use kmenuedit, it show my kmenu- the one I'd like for it to use. Yet the actual Kmenu is still the original, and when I try to make changes using kmenuedit, nothing happens to the kmenu that they system is using.
My applnk files in ~/.kde and elswhere in the system are all set to they way I'd like the kmenu to look.
Persistent home does not fix the problem either.
I think maybe I might need to alter the /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession script.
The only things different about my remaster are- its based o a 6-06 version of knoppix 3.2, it's got openoffice 1.1, mozilla firebird, mplayer, ogle, and I ran apt-get upgrade for all the other packages.
This is probably related: Mozilla and firebird icons in the kicker's "quick launch bar" don't work. It says that Mozilla.desktop can't be found, yet the definition file Mozilla.desktop exists and is where its supposed to be.
It works fine on my hdd when chrooted and when I copy and chown the files myself in text mode, give myself an .xinitrc, and then startx.....
The mozilla quick launch icons also work when I get into KDE this way.
I may just force a graphical boot, and edit .xinitrc enough to do all these commands, so that startx will copy and chown all of knoppix's files before it starts KDE.
See if this post helps with the kde menu edit on your remaster
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1839

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19
OWC Express 4M2 USB4 40Gb/s 4-Slot NVMe M.2 SSD RAID Enclosure w/ Cable
$125.00
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00