-
Senior Member
registered user
Kmenu editing
I noticed that there is a /usr/share/applnk directory, in addition to /etc/skel/.kde/share/applnk and ~/.kde/share/applnk. Is the one in /etc/skel the only one used to create the kmenu? Or is the one in /usr used as the basis for the kmenu, and the one in /etc/skel that gets copied to ~ when booting is like appended to the one found in /usr?
I'm having trouble right now with a new kmenu on my remaster, where before I didn't have any trouble. This time, though I went in and tried to remove things that have been uninstalled, instead of just adding new items. I saw the applnk in /usr/share and though maybe that was what was causing me so much trouble....
Edit: Ok, the ~/.kde/share/applnk is all ok getting copied from /etc/skel and is set the way I like it when I boot. Yet, KDE's menu is not derived from these files. It's still using the original kmenu. I've copied the applnk folder's contents to /usr/share/applnk, etc/skel/.kde/share/applnk, and to /usr/share/knoppix/profile/.kde/share/applnk. Now I'm recompressing the CD for like the 5th time today. I'm betting some script is overriding my kmenu. But as far as I can tell, any places where the original kmenu files were kept have been rewritten with my custom kmenu files.
I'd bet a lot of money that my custom kmenu works fine if I create a persistent home, which means its definitely a script somewhere causing this trouble.
Similar Threads
-
By knopx4me in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-22-2005, 07:27 PM
-
By suzan in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-06-2005, 11:05 AM
-
By voldemort in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-28-2004, 06:40 PM
-
By pc3 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-22-2004, 07:53 AM
-
By Chribu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-13-2003, 04:48 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00