-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: windows 2000 Pro & qtpated

Originally Posted by
mailman42
My question(s) concern qtparted, and the stability to resize an NTFS partition.
While I have never done the procedure I have seen posts of success re-sizing one that sticks out in my memory is this one by Eadz.
He has alot of windos data (text/pics/etc) from the past that he doesnt' want to lose, and I want to make sure that it's pretty idiot proof, so I don't lose any of his data.
All data should be backed up and the backup verified before attempting a procedure like this there are no idiot proof methods for anything there is always something that can go wrong.
Are there any special considerations, gotchas, etc I should be aware of, before I attempt to repartition his drive, and bring him into the Linux/debian/knoppix world?
Thanks
As mentioned by Eadz in his post the drive should be defragged before the attempt.
Similar Threads
-
By JLocke in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-01-2004, 12:06 AM
-
By GdB in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 01:41 PM
-
By legal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 04:33 PM
-
By pnti in forum General Support
Replies: 18
Last Post: 05-23-2003, 11:43 PM
-
By lindleyrl in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-09-2003, 06:50 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD
$149.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45

ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$71.49

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

GIGABYTE H610M S2H V2 Motherboard, Supports 14th/13th/12th Gen Intel Core i5 i7
$69.59

ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX
$59.99