-
I had updated and upgraded my friend's computer using apt-get and it updated kde and xserver too. While it was installing the updates it gave me an option to close kdm as it was running, and I closed and let it update the kdm too. After the update process is done, I ran lilo and rebooted it. It booted to runlevel 5 as usual but Xserver ddidnt come up. It booted to a tty1 directly. It showed me 5 when I issued runlevel command. I have started X using 'startx' and it brought me up just the debian screen that is there by default on the login menu in knoppix with some four big wierd buttons kind of things,which do nothing. When I right click on the screen a menu comes up like the way solaris or Irix work. So, basically KDM broke or before restarting do i need to run any program ? I mean do I need to run anything after updating kdm??? I had the same prb and I tried every possible way to fix it but couldn't and so finally re-installed knoppix on my computer. Now, I want to solve this stupid problem, pls help me out. I couldn't get any useful info from the log. I only thing looked suspicious was (EE) DRI Intializatin failed ...
I noticed that it happend every time, whether X came up successfully r not. Does anyone had the same/similar problem?
Similar Threads
-
By tilleyrw in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-27-2005, 11:01 AM
-
By Darcian in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 02:02 AM
-
By IanHall in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-03-2005, 03:45 AM
-
By manatarms1775 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-11-2004, 11:27 PM
-
By Patrick21 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-21-2003, 10:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99